- 2 medium potatoes (each one about 120g)
- 2 or 3 carrots, depending on the size
- 1 small handful of runner beans (thin or thick) (about 200 g fresh or frozen)
- 1 large onion or 2 small onions (roughly 250 g in total)
- water (for cooking)
- Optional: broccoli, cauliflower, chard or artichokes
Peel and chop the vegetables. Remove the ends off the runner beans along with any strings. Rinse them thoroughly and place in a saucepan, covering them with water and a pinch of salt.
Turn on the heat and boil gently for approximately 20 minutes. To check if they are cooked, test with a sharp knife to see if they are soft. Remove from the heat, drain off any excess water and serve with an accompaniment of oil, salt and vinegar.